High precision parts — with an estimated market size of $71 billion by 2026 — enable numerous industries to uphold safety and quality standards while keeping up with demand and maintaining a competitive edge. With precision parts manufacturing, you can produce versatile parts to precise specifications and enjoy several benefits.
Choosing a precision parts manufacturer to partner with and incorporate into your workflow can lead to a smooth transition where you reap significant benefits.
The Top 10 Benefits of Using Precision Parts Manufacturing
When looking to improve your production output and automation capabilities, precision manufacturing is an ideal way to save time, money, and materials. Discover the benefits of using precision parts manufacturing for your operations.
1. Improved Accuracy and Tighter Tolerance
- Precision CNC machining centers and similar tools can guarantee tight tolerances. Once precise specifications are keyed in, the automated process takes over, ensuring a reduced chance of error, especially when compared to human machining. Demand for complex precision industrial parts is expected to remain strong, and even slight tolerance deviations may result in significant production problems for the end customer and cost increases for the manufacturer.
Precision manufacturing technologies allow you to manufacture batch orders of complex parts at affordable rates because of less waste, fewer labor expenses, and highly accurate components while maintaining quality and conserving time.
2. Increased Efficiency and Faster Production Cycles
- Machining tools offer precise solutions at a pace that far outweighs manual production. Another common advantage of opting for machine-manufactured precision parts is reduced critical errors. Although you might have highly experienced employees operating manual workstations, there is a greater risk of error as far less work is automated. CNC machining tools and other precision parts manufacturing equipment offer greater error-free results and do so at an accelerated pace.
Automated precision machines from contemporary precision manufacturers have incredibly advanced engineering capabilities. What might have taken months for workers to complete is sped up by precision manufacturing and you can accomplish the work in mere weeks. Overall there are fewer production delays and your time to market improves so you can confidently meet demand.
3. Decreased Wastage of Materials
- Producing precision parts means inevitable material waste. Creating the component is a process of removing and subtracting pieces of the material until all that remains is the finished product. CNC precision machining minimizes material expenses owed to occasional human error by maximizing material use and minimizing wastage.
With the right precision parts manufacturer, you can benefit from the cost saving on your bulk orders because of conservative material use.
4. Cost-Effective Parts Manufacturing
- One of the main upsides to opting to outsource precision parts manufacturing is that you do not have to invest in specialized machinery and tooling. Instead, your chosen manufacturer should be well-equipped to handle your order. This allows you to save time and money to focus instead on developing new products and improving existing ones.
Precision parts manufacturing is highly cost-effective because it enables you to produce components efficiently, with less need for manual labor, and to precise specifications rapidly. It saves on financial investments associated with labor hours, total materials, and energy. Because there are fewer errors and wasted production time is reduced, you can receive your parts sooner, and you don’t have to stock extra parts due to potential defects and inaccuracies.
5. Improved Safety and Reduced Human Error
- Safety and reduced human error are other significant benefits for you and your employees. The rate of workplace accidents and injuries is 18,000 annually among those who operate and maintain machinery. You can swap out human hands to manufacture precision parts with CNC machines to ensure as safe a process as possible.
Changing to CNC and other machines will likely reduce the chances of accidents and injuries in your workplace. Laborers who operate precision part manufacturing machines tend to work behind guards and transparent safety doors. In addition to reducing the risk of physical harm, precision machining allows you to minimize staffing needs or reallocate human resources. At the same time, CNC machines handle the recurring tasks of producing your precision parts.
6. Superior Quality Parts
- Automated precision manufacturing is beneficial in improving quality control over manually manufactured products, partially owing to the rise of Industry 4.0 and technological advancements, which are projected to be leading growth factors of the precision parts market between 2019 and 2025. Industries use computer-controlled machines such as CNC machining centers to achieve significantly higher accuracy than traditional casting or manual fabrication methods.
This manufacturing method results in fewer potential defects in the product and — because of precise measurements and components fitting together accurately — an increased chance of cost savings due to fewer returns and repairs.
7. Versatile and Fully Customizable
- The ideal precision parts manufacturer can create nearly any type of part you require to exact specifications at their manufacturing facilities. Manufacturers can make different parts, with varying applications, from various materials. The ideal manufacturer can access and fabricate these with micron-level accuracy through the required processes. Ensure you find a precision parts manufacturing company with the equipment and expertise to fashion parts as needed.
With precision parts manufacturing, you have the freedom and flexibility to design custom parts — including prototypes — and produce them efficiently to your exact needs using advanced tools such as CNC centers, 3D printers, and laser cutters.
8. Accommodates a Range of Materials
- Apart from a range of processing methods, another benefit of using precision parts is the ability to work with almost any material. Whether metal or plastic, precision machining equipment can handle it with ease. You can speak with a manufacturer, submit your designs and then decide on your process and the materials such as these and many more:
- Polyether ether ketone (Peek)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Stainless steel
- Regardless of the industry, a proficient manufacturer can match your material specifications so you can maintain quality. Because of the versatility of precision machining, it is suitable for the different requirements and challenges of a wide range of precision parts end users and industries, including:
9. Ease of Prototyping and Part Testing
- Precision machining is a viable and smart method of exploring new market opportunities and designing potential modifications and upgrades with minimal risk. All that is needed is to modify inputs to the CNC or similar machine and the equipment can create your new or revised designs in minimal time. So, you can quickly develop prototypes that match your specifications and test their viability before scaling production.
What’s more, a precision parts manufacturing company can help you create fully functional prototypes that can demonstrate the performance of your product. Once you have feedback, you can easily alter the designs and retest the revised prototype part without the expense of molds or casts.
10. Mass Production and Repeatability
- Two other major benefits of precision parts manufacturing with CNC and other machines are that it is a reliable and efficient way to mass-produce consistently high-quality parts. Using precise and automated machinery allows you to produce complex parts that meet standards and specifications quickly and accurately. With increased scalability and repeatability, you gain an advantage in today’s competitive market.
Discover Genesis-MFG Sharjah Precision Parts Manufacturing Solutions
For reliable and efficient precision parts manufacturing that meets your needs and expectations, look no further than Genesis-MFG Sharjah. At Genesis-MFG Sharjah, we strive to help you achieve the quality, flexibility, and speed you need to stay ahead of the competition. Whether you require precision parts for aerospace, automotive, medical, or other industries — Genesis-MFG Sharjah has the solution.
We are API Q1 and ISO 9001 certified and use our state-of-the-art equipment to certify your parts to micron tolerances. In business for over a century, Genesis-MFG Sharjah has the tools and knowledge to deliver the precision parts you need on time, on budget, and to specification. Discover Genesis-MFG Sharjah’s precision parts manufacturing offerings to see how we can help you create precise and high-quality parts, or contact Genesis-MFG Sharjah for parts assistance today!